The Cottage Lodge B&B
Property Code 1266
England South East
The Cottage Lodge is a 5 star Bed and Breakfast and the highest rated in the New Forest National Park. We have luxurious suites, four poster bed and rooms stylishly decorated, en-suite rooms with patio (one suitable for a dog) and standard rooms available
|Balcony/Terrace/Decking Area||CD Player||Colour TV|
|Disabled Access||DVD Player||En-Suite Bathrooms|
|Family Suites||Hairdryers||Pets Allowed|
|Restaurant||Shower||Smoking Not Permitted|
|Tea/Coffee making facilities|| || || || |
B&B / Guest House Description
A 5 star and Gold award winning Bed and Breakfast, The Cottage Lodge is a 17th century Forester's Cottage extended today to provide 12 bedrooms, beamed Snug Lounge with open fireplace, honest bar and Gilles Restaurant.
Arriving at The Cottage Lodge you will find parking at the front of the building and a range of rooms to suit your needs. Each of the 12 bedrooms include tea and coffee making facilities, a safe to keep your valuables, colour TV and video player (except in Knightwood), hairdryer, bed linen and hypoallergenic pillows and duvets and in the en-suites complimentary cotton wool, ear buds, face cloth and Gilchrist and Soames products. Radox bubble bath and shower gel are provided in the bath and shower rooms.
The Bed & Breakfast has 3 suites:
• King William includes a carved oak four-poster bed, sitting area and large en-suite. There is space for an extra bed but it is perfect for a romantic retreat.
• Exbury is a junior suite with balcony which is bright with the morning sun shining in. There's a sitting area and also enough space for another bed.
• Wiverley is this third suite and ground floor room with a large en-suite wet room with non-slip flooring. This room has a west facing patio and wide access doors suitable for disabled guests. The zip link mattresses can convert this into a double or twin room.
The superior rooms with patios:
• Burley has a small west facing patio and a canopy over the double bed.
• Morant is a dog friendly room with wooden floors, enclosed patio and hose to clean up the dog after a day exploring.
• Tom Hayter room forms part of the old stable block with entrance from the back of the house and patio garden. The bathroom has a vaulted ceiling with skylight so you can see the stars.
The standard rooms:
• Rhinefield is popular with many returning guests. With zip link mattresses you can have a double or twin beds and the en-suite includes shower over the bath and ducks.
• Verderer's Rest has the best en-suite with corner bath and views from the room over the courtyard. With zip link mattress this can be used as a double or twin and there may be noises from the floorboards above due to the age of the building.
• Mills offers the features of a hotel bedroom with ample storage, dressing table/desk and fitted side tables at either side of the bed. The en-suite only has a bath.
• Forester's Master Bedroom is part of the original cottage and retains the character of the traditional building with a modern bathroom. Popular with business guests, there's a large power shower.
• Knightwood is also part of the original cottage with low ceilings (5ft 10 in the shower) which is a feature of the old building.
• Bolderwood is a ground floor with wet room en-suite and its own entrance. Facing the front of the building you can see what's happening.
Breakfast at The Cottage Lodge B&B includes a hearty New Forest breakfast with locally sourced produced cooked by a master chef. A vegetarian option is also available and you can help yourself to cereal, yoghurts, fruit juice, local jam and marmalade from the buffet.
The Cottage Lodge 5 star B&B, Brockenhurst
The King William Suite
Mortant dog friendly room
The New Forest is a National Park stretching from the south coast to the north of Southampton with ponies, cattle, pigs and donkeys wandering freely around the forests. Walkers and cyclists can explore the area on the gravelled off road cycle paths and walking tracks plus a range of things to discover on horseback. If you didn't bring a bike, you can hire one at Brockenhurst and there are 3 stables close by for horse riding.
Golfers can enjoy the course at Brockenhurst Manor Golf club or guests may just prefer to relax and be pampered at one of the nearby spas which we can help organise for you with a half day costing around £50 to £100.
Discover the area by train – Lymington by the sea, Isle of Wight with a ferry trip, Southampton with countless shops, Bournemouth with sandy beaches, Winchester with it's history, cathedral and cobbled streets or London, which is only 90 minutes from Brockenhurst.
Nightly Price: £28.00 to £80.00
Please contact advertiser to confirm prices
Contact and Booking InformationWebsite: www.cottagelodge.co.ukLocation: Brockenhurst
Please mention YouStayUK.com when contacting this business
Please click on View Map above for directions.
From London, Midlands and the West: Exit the M27 at Junction 1 to the A337 for Lymington. On the one-way system turn right onto Gosport Lane following the signs for Lymington/Brockenhurst A337. Move to the left-hand lane following the A337 to the outskirts of Brockenhurst*
From Southampton: Take the A35 to Lyndhurst high street following the one way system left onto Gosport Lane. Follow the A337 to the outskirts of Brokenhurst*
* At Brockenhurst turn right onto Grigg Lane (B3055). Continue straight ahead at the crossroads onto Sway Road where you will find The Cottage Lodge on the right just after the war memorial.View Map & Route Planner
the owner regarding availability.